No one gets voted off the show
Founded in 1998, the annual Pacific International Children’s
Choir Festival (PICCFEST) is presented by Eugene-based Oregon Festival
Choirs in cooperation with the Oregon Bach Festival.
The philosophy is non-competitive, with the emphasis on making great music rather than winning a trophy. However, the number of choirs participating each year is limited so that the total size of the Festival Choir is no more than 350. Participating choirs provide audition materials with their application as part of the selection process.
Choirs and their chaperones are housed on the University of Oregon campus. Their days are filled with rehearsals, workshops, participation in selected Bach Festival events, and a variety of recreation options.
With lodging and meals in UO residence halls, choristers take part in planned social events and form friendships with other singers from around the world.
A six-day musical utopia
Guest choirs attending PICCFEST
- present performances as individual choirs
- rehearse and perform as part of the Festival Chorus
- perform at the Oregon Bach Festival
- attend an Oregon Bach Festival concert
- enjoy presentations created for PICCFEST by Oregon Bach Festival presenters including Helmuth Rilling, OBF Artistic Director
Past Participants Include: